Here are my top tips for surviving summer and the party season:-
- Stay hydrated. With water! Drink your first litre of water within one hour of rising and then another two litres during the day. It is important to include electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium) in addition to your water, especially on hot or humid days.
- If you know that you are going to have a big night out, minimize hangovers by drinking around 3 litres of water during the day (more if it is a hot/humid day) so that you are hydrated when you start – adding some electrolytes will help. Don’t have alcohol on an empty stomach – eat beforehand if you are not sure if there will be food there. Try to drink water in between alcohol-containing drinks, and have a big drink of water when you get home (or wherever you end up at the end of the night!). Also, drink plenty of water the next day, and you will feel much better for it. Better still, give the alcohol a miss!
- Remember to eat breakfast and include protein—every day! If you are not allergic to eggs, they make an excellent start to the day. Because eggs are loaded with highly available protein, they keep your blood sugar stable for hours – helping with energy, stamina, concentration and mood. Try them poached on steamed silverbeet, or scrambled with fresh herbs (eg basil or dill) – adding a tin of salmon gives flavour, fills you up, and keeps you going longer.In a hurry? Put a whole egg (in its shell) in a pan of boiling water (two per person) – it will cook while you get yourself and the family dressed and organized. Eat it hot or take it with you. Better still, hard boil a couple of eggs the night before and put them in the fridge. In the morning just grab your hard-boiled eggs from the fridge, peel, eat, and off you go. Egg-cellent!
Alternatively, steak, lamb chops, or our protein shakes make a good breakfast with some berries, stone fruit or citrus.
- Relax, have fun, enjoy life. Dance like nobody’s watching!
- Importantly, book your detox at Good Nutrition! We will get you feeling great again!
Call 0478 018 042 now or e-mail